Navigating mental health treatment admissions can be confusing. If you or a family member are struggling with any mental health issue, please reach out to us immediately. We have treatment professionals available around the clock to speak with you.
The first step in our admissions process is a thorough assessment to determine clinical needs and find the appropriate level of care. Your assessment will be entirely confidential; we will evaluate your behavioral health history to determine the best step towards the help you deserve.
We have mental health treatment admissions staff available around the clock to facilitate 24/7 intake and admissions. Our team will be in contact with you every step of the way, to make the process as smooth as possible.
Southern Live Oak Wellness is located outside of Atlanta, Georgia and serves men and women struggling with mental illness ages 18 and above.
We accept payment through private insurance or self-pay payments. SLOW understands that mental health crises do not run on a schedule, so we are available around the clock to assist with determining cost, to work with your insurance company, and to help calculate out-of-pocket expenses. We are committed to working with families or individuals on a case-by-case basis regarding their financial situation.
From the second you enter our doors we want to set you up with the highest possible chance of recovery. Our intake process ensures you’re getting the correct care that you need without causing any stress or confusion.
Amie will most likely be the first person you meet in our program. She will go through any previous medical records while completing a current assessment to determine the best course of treatment moving forward.
SLOW has teamed up with Genomind to offer all of our patients genetic tests that help determine the best medication for an individual based on their DNA profile. Your body has unique ways of responding to treatment based on your DNA, and their non invasive swab test can find the best possible medications for you.
We're all working towards a common goal, but our roads to success may be different. Once we assess each individual we put together a unique individualized program based on diagnosis and past treatments. The best chance of success requires prioritizing your treatment to tend to your needs.
What To Bring
What to Bring
- Picture Identification Card
- Insurance and Pharmacy Cards
- Name, address, phone of current and previous therapists or doctors
- List of medications that you are taking including over the counter medications and vitamins
- Personal hygiene products including: Toothbrush/toothpaste; Brush/comb; Shampoo; soap
- Casual, comfortable, and appropriate clothing and undergarments
- Shoes or slippers must be worn at all times.
- Electric shaver (men)
- Family photos (optional) (no glass in frames)
- Cigarettes are acceptable.
- Approved medications must be in appropriately labeled bottles (your name, medication name, dosage, frequency).
- Any OTC supplements must be approved by the Medical Director.
What Not to Bring
- Illicit drugs or alcohol
- Items restricted by law – Knives, guns, mace
- Clothing promoting drug/alcohol use
- Revealing clothing
- Aerosol cans
- Sexually explicit material of any type
- Over-the-counter medications (supplements will be presented to the Medical Director for approval. All supplements must be in its original sealed container)
- Mouthwash containing alcohol
- Weapons/pocket knives
- Incense or candles
- Wire hangers
- Glass items